Mobile Banking Security FAQ
Why can't I simply use my computer to access my account? I'm more comfortable with it, and I can just wait till I get access at home.
You certainly can use your computer. But you'll really miss out on all of the complimentary benefits of Mobile Banking to keep you secure.
- You can check your money at any time of the day. You'll never need to worry about unauthorized activity on your bank account.
What if my phone gets lost or stolen?
Nobody wants their phone lost or stolen. But in the rare case that it does, you should know that your mobile banking access is secured.
- No personal information from your Mobile Banking account is ever stored on the phone. Your password is never stored.
- Your login session automatically times out after a specific period of inactivity (check with your bank).
Is my mobile device secure to use? I feel secure with my computer. I like to use my computer for my banking activities and I have concern over using my phone.
Rest assured. Mobile is safe to use!
- Smartphones such as iPhone & Android have a very controlled and secure operating system.
- Mobile Banking uses 256 bit SSL encryption just like Online Banking - which basically encrypts and protects any transmission of data including customer account information.
- Mobile Banking uses strong Firewalls just like Online Banking - which protects from unauthorized or malicious intrusion.
- Mobile Banking uses your Username & Password for access, just like Online Banking. And just like with Online Banking, your account will lock down after 3 incorrect attempts from your mobile device.
- Mobile banking uses additional Security Q&A authentication for initial access to your account.
What do I do if I have a question that is not answered here?
Just call us at 800-370-3196, or visit your local branch. We would be happy to help.