Why (and How) You Should Notify Your Bank Before Traveling
You’ve packed your suitcase, planned your itinerary, and checked into your flight. Surely you’ve done everything you need to prepare for your vacation, right?
There’s one small, but crucial step that people often forget before traveling abroad: notifying the bank.
Notify your bank before using a credit or debit card when traveling
Passumpsic Bank does whatever we can to protect you from identity theft. If Passumpsic Bank spots transactions in an unfamiliar location, we may assume your card is being used fraudulently and shut it off.
When you let us know that you’re going away, we add a record to your account and share it with our fraud detection system. This prevents your “abnormal” spending patterns from triggering a block on your card.
How to notify your bank of your travel plans--give us a call at 802-748-3196 or visit the branch most convenient to you.
Text Alerts to Your Debit Card to Help Prevent Fraud:
Your Passumpsic Bank debit card has enhanced fraud alerts through text messages. This benefit will allow us to contact you, especially when you are traveling, to verify that a debit card transaction is valid or if it's potentially fraudulent.
If you choose to opt out of this text feature we will continue to communicate with you by telephone, email and/or letter to warn you of possible fraudulent activity. This could result in an interruption of your debit card access.
Once we verify we have your correct cell phone number, you will receive a text from Passumpsic Bank. It will read: Passumpsic SavingsBank Card Fraud Alerts activation text. Reply YES to confirm your enrollment, HELP for help, STOP to cancel texting. Msg&Data Rates May Apply. If you reply YES you will be signed up for this program.
In order for us to better serve you we must have your most current contact information (mailing address, email, cell & home numbers). You may contact us at 802-748-3196 or visit the branch most convenient to you.
This is a FREE App in the App Store. Just download the App and follow the enrollment directions.
Benefits of CardValet
- Real-time alerts keep you informed when your cards are used
- Transaction controls allow your cards to work only in specific locations or geographic areas
- When your cards are "off," no withdrawals or purchases will be approved
- Set spending limits for general use or specify thresholds by merchant types, such as gas, groceries or retail stores
- Establish controls by location and change parameters via your mobile device
- Use transaction controls for merchant codes, locations, transaction types and thresholds to ensure employee spending adheres to company policies
Review Balances and Transactions
- Monitor your finances anytime, anywhere by using the CardValet app to check your account balances or review recent card transactions